Three of my favorite things are photos, aerials, and spending time with Maddie. So, when I got the opportunity to have an aerial photo shoot with Maddie, I couldn’t say “YES” fast enough!
I looked forward to this photo shoot for weeks. Carefully planning my outfit, deciding how to wear my hair, getting a pedicure so my toes would look pretty in the pictures… I thought about all of that, plus decided which aerial poses I wanted to do.
I didn’t have to worry about Maddie. She’s cute all the time! But I did ask my hubby to join me during the photo shoot, treats ready, to help keep our energetic girl focused on the task at hand!
When the proofs arrived in my inbox, the only bad thing was trying to decide which ones I wanted to purchase! But with a bit of help from Dane, I narrowed it down to my six favorite poses and Maddie smiles!
While all of this is cute and fun, you might be wondering why I’m sharing. Well, here’s the best part…
Twelve aerialists participated in this photo shoot with their fur babies. So, Kadie, of Kadie Austen Photography, thought, why not put together a calendar and give the proceeds to charity?! All 12 of us agreed that this sounded like an amazing plan and allowed Kadie to use our photos to create the “Flying for Fluffs” 2019 calendar!
Kadie chose Lucky Pups Rescue SC, a non-profit dog rescue located in Greenville, South Carolina, whose goal is to save homeless dogs and find the perfect forever home for them. How amazing is that?! She’s going to give 90% of the proceeds from the calendar sales to Lucky Pups. The other 10% will pay for shipping supplies and the cost of the calendar design.
Orders for the “Flying for Fluffs” 2019 calendar will be taken through the end of this month (November 30, 2018). Kadie will order the calendars on December 1 and arrange for shipping. So, you should have the calendars just in time to give as Christmas gifts. (Another good thing—no need to go to the mall to shop for presents!) If you’d like to order a “Flying for Fluffs” calendar, click here.
There is a spot on the order form to let Kadie know you heard about the calendar from me. Although she’s offering an incentive—if I sell at least 10 calendars, I’ll get one for free—I’m going to pay for my own because I think Lucky Pups is an amazing organization and want to donate to them!
The only not so good thing… The calendars can only be shipped to US residents. I know Not So Mommy… has a worldwide audience, so I’m really sorry, my fabulous ones in Canada, France, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Brazil, and other parts of the world… (You can donate directly to Lucky Pups on their website, if you’d like.) I do hope some US readers will purchase these incredible calendars (available in three different sizes, priced from $14 – $25) filled with extremely talented ladies and their adorable fur babies! Remember–90% of the proceeds are going to charity!
Yep. Flying for Fluffs. Now that’s a good thing!
Order your “Flying for Fluffs” 2019 calendar here!
Learn more about Lucky Pups Rescue SC here
Subscribe to my email and never miss a post!
One last thing…
On a very personal note, today–Saturday, 10 November–is the 15 year anniversary of my hubby and I starting to try and grow our family. This day used to bring me a lot of pain since our story did not turn out like we had hoped. Now, however, I try to do something positive around November 10 to redefine this day. Last year, I donated my wedding dress to Kennedy’s Angel Gowns. (You can read about that here.) And this year, the Flying for Fluffs calendar happened at just the right time! It can take some time to see it and a lot of work to find it, but there really is something good in every situation…
Featured Photo: Kadie Austen Photography
I am going to need a calendar. Can I order when I get there?
Absolutely, Judy! Orders are being taken through the end of this month.
Here is the link to the online order form – https://www.cognitoforms.com/KadieAustenPhotography1/_2019FlyingForFluffsCalendarPreOrder
Thank you so much for sharing Brandi! It was a blast to have you, Maddie and your husband there (: I’m so glad our little project could bring you a little joy on this tough day. <3
I’m so grateful that you offered this photo shoot and then decided to use the pics for a special project & worthy cause! You definitely help bring me joy this November 10! 🙂
Well I’m pretty sure I need a calendar or two, and I’m also pretty sure I’m extremely excited to see those 6 pics of you and Maddie. This November 10 is awesome!
Agreed! It is definitely a good day!