After embracing infertility and accepting my childless life, I took on my dog mom role with zeal. I absolutely love being Maddie’s Mom. I take too many photos of her, dress her up, buy her presents, cook her food… Seriously! It rocks to be a dog mom! And in no particular order, here are 11 reasons why…
Why It Rocks to be a Dog Mom…
- Impromptu date nights with your better half only require a peanut butter kong.
- No college tuition.
- No braces. (Maddie’s overbite just makes her more adorable!)
- Sleeping in. (A major perk of childlessness! Ha!)
- Afternoon “naps” with your hubby 😉
- Puppies never outgrow Santa…
- Or the Easter Bunny.
- Fur babies are always happy to see you. (Plus, they forgive quickly when you are grumpy.)
- They also embrace your craziness. (No teenage embarrassment here! So, roll down the windows & sing!)
- They LOVE school! (Maddie adores her day camp & her teachers.)
- You never have to give them away. No weddings. No leaving the nest. No watching them from afar on social media.
In all honesty, I have focused on the good of being a dog mom because there are a lot of things about infertility and being childless that really suck. But life is all about how you look at it. So, I stopped being sad about everything I didn’t have and started focusing on everything I did have. I choose to see the bright side. So, for me, it really does rock to be a dog mom!
Fabulous one, can you think of another reason it rocks to be a dog mom?! Tell us about it in the comments!